Pensioner targeted in distraction burglary in Lowestoft
POLICE are seeking witnesses after a distraction burglary at the home of an 84-year-old woman in Kirkley.
The pensioner was at her home in Kirkley Cliff Road about 1.40pm to 1.50pm yesterday (Wednesday, January 2) when she answered a knock at the door and found two young men who claimed they were taking rubbish away from a neighbouring property and needed to leave a written message for the neighbour.
One of the two then distracted the woman while the other went upstairs and made a search of the property before being disturbed by the lady as they left the home.
The only item stolen appears to be a silver upholstery needle – hallmarked and about eight inches long.
A police spokesman said: 'After being called officers checked with the neighbour, who knew nothing about anyone taking rubbish away.'
You may also want to watch:
The two men police are keen to trace are described as white, in their late teens to 20s, one about 5ft 7ins to 5ft 8ins tall, of fat build with a chubby round face and short brown hair, and the other of similar height, but of skinny build and wearing a grey hooded top with the hood up.
? Information to Det Con 1208 Hedges at Lowestoft CID on 101.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 9 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case