Pensioner taken to hospital after fire in Heacham

Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service

Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service - Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011

A pensioner was taken to hospital following a kitchen fire in Heacham this morning.

Emergency services were called to the property in South Beach Road at 9.45am following reports of smoke.

Fire appliances from Heacham and Sandringham attended along with a rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew.

The fire was under control within 15 minutes and a woman in her 80s was treated for smoke inhalation.

She was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn for further treatment but her condition is not thought to be serious of life threatening.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus