Pensioner suffers suspected carbon monoxide poisoning following gas leak in Stalham
- Credit: ALLY McGILVRAY
Casualty treated by fire crew until ambulance arrived.
A pensioner has been rushed to hospital suffering from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning following a gas leak in Stalham.
The man, believed to be in his 80s, was found at an address in the town's Strawberry Fields after the alarm was raised today (Friday) around 2pm.
He was given first aid by firefighters until an ambulance arrived, with crews from Stalham and Martham among the first on scene.
A faulty heater is thought to be to blame for the gas leak.
The casualty was conscious and breathing when the ambulance crew and a rapid response vehicle arrived.
His condition was not believed to be life-threatening.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row