Pensioner’s purse stolen in Great Yarmouth
POLICE in Great Yarmouth are urging shoppers to be vigilant after an 89-year-old woman's purse was stolen last week.
The women was shopping in Great Yarmouth market place just after 1pm on Friday, April 20 when it happened.
She had gone from the Halifax building society, where she had her purse, to Palmers department store and she was in the luggage section when she was approached and distracted by a young woman who spoke with a foreign accent.
After leaving the store she discovered her light grey purse, containing cash and her bank card, was missing from her bag. The card was used a short time later to withdraw cash from a machine in Great Yarmouth.
Police are conducting enquiries to trace those involved but are asking anyone who may have information about the incident, or the thief, to call PC Mark Grimmer at Great Yarmouth on 101.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are also urging shoppers to keep a close eye on their valuables and carry their bags in a way that they cannot be 'dipped' into. If you notice any suspicious behaviour please alert police immediately on 999.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 7 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 8 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot