Penguins at Great Yarmouth Sea Life Centre seek solace from the sun under new parasol
- Credit: Archant
A group of penguins at a Great Yarmouth attraction have been protected from the hot weather with the help of a parasol.
Staff at Great Yarmouth Sea Life Centre have put up a parasol in its penguin enclosure.
As the sun beats down the 15 South American Humboldt penguins can take advantage of the new installation to keep cool.
A spokesman for the centre said: 'The 15-strong group of South American Humboldt penguins at Great Yarmouth Sea Life Centre have been sweltering a bit in the current temperatures this coast line has been experiencing.
'Their ingenious keepers have adapted part of the penguin area by placing a parasol umbrella to create enough shade to keep them in comfort.
You may also want to watch:
'Of course, when the rays are especially blistering the birds can also take to their deep dive pool, where visitors can marvel at their sub-marine agility with the help of a special underwater viewing window.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler