Penguins at Great Yarmouth Sea Life Centre seek solace from the sun under new parasol
- Credit: Archant
A group of penguins at a Great Yarmouth attraction have been protected from the hot weather with the help of a parasol.
Staff at Great Yarmouth Sea Life Centre have put up a parasol in its penguin enclosure.
As the sun beats down the 15 South American Humboldt penguins can take advantage of the new installation to keep cool.
A spokesman for the centre said: 'The 15-strong group of South American Humboldt penguins at Great Yarmouth Sea Life Centre have been sweltering a bit in the current temperatures this coast line has been experiencing.
'Their ingenious keepers have adapted part of the penguin area by placing a parasol umbrella to create enough shade to keep them in comfort.
You may also want to watch:
'Of course, when the rays are especially blistering the birds can also take to their deep dive pool, where visitors can marvel at their sub-marine agility with the help of a special underwater viewing window.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?