A new pub has opened in the Golden Triangle
- Credit: Archant
A new pub, The Pear Tree Inn, opened on Unthank Road in Norwich's Golden Triangle at the end of last month.
The building used to be home to The Langtree pub and then a number of other incarnations, including cocktail bar Lust & Liquor and most recently Craft Burger.
New owners, married couple Nick and Lesley Pears, said that when they walked into the empty property 'it was screaming to become a pub again'.
Mr Pears, who is originally from Yorkshire, has been in the pub trade for over 20 years, running award-winning bars and nightclubs across the world, including Bahrain, Dubai and Hong Kong.
The new owners said: 'We want to be able to share the pub with everyone, we have that Sunday feeling every day. We open for coffees and light bites throughout the day and transform into your local drinking spot throughout the evening and into the early hours of the morning.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr and Mrs Pears said they will be growing their food menu gradually, and hope to re-create simple homemade comfort food like pies, beef stew and dumplings. They also said vegetarian and vegan options would be available soon.
'We are a small family business hoping to create something special for everyone that steps inside the pub.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 9 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each
'We love to support the local community and welcome musicians and artists to perform here.'
The Pear Tree Inn is open all week from 11am to midnight.