A new pub has opened in the Golden Triangle
- Credit: Archant
A new pub, The Pear Tree Inn, opened on Unthank Road in Norwich's Golden Triangle at the end of last month.
The building used to be home to The Langtree pub and then a number of other incarnations, including cocktail bar Lust & Liquor and most recently Craft Burger.
New owners, married couple Nick and Lesley Pears, said that when they walked into the empty property 'it was screaming to become a pub again'.
Mr Pears, who is originally from Yorkshire, has been in the pub trade for over 20 years, running award-winning bars and nightclubs across the world, including Bahrain, Dubai and Hong Kong.
The new owners said: 'We want to be able to share the pub with everyone, we have that Sunday feeling every day. We open for coffees and light bites throughout the day and transform into your local drinking spot throughout the evening and into the early hours of the morning.'
Mr and Mrs Pears said they will be growing their food menu gradually, and hope to re-create simple homemade comfort food like pies, beef stew and dumplings. They also said vegetarian and vegan options would be available soon.
'We are a small family business hoping to create something special for everyone that steps inside the pub.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 3 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 6 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 7 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 8 Key worker couple celebrate 'fairy tale' day after winning £32,000 wedding
- 9 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 10 A Hunstanton institution closes after almost 50 years
'We love to support the local community and welcome musicians and artists to perform here.'
The Pear Tree Inn is open all week from 11am to midnight.