Peace camp and peace cycle to take place outside the Forum in Norwich
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2008
People are invited to take part in a bike ride across Norwich this weekend to promote peace.
The peace camp and peace cycle, which is now in its 12th year, takes place at the Forum on Saturday, July 15.
During the day, from 9am to 4pm, there will be a variety of stalls and activities for people of all ages to take part in.
The sheriff of Norwich, David Walker, will officially open the event at 11am. Then at midday, there will be a cycle ride for peace.
People wishing to take part in the bike ride are asked to bring their own bikes.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers have said there will also be bike doctor health checks in the main Forum building.
An event spokesman said: 'This year we are highlighting our maxim 'peace is achievable' and we are inviting people to engage with this by thinking of a world beyond war.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
For more information, visit www.norwichpeace.org.
Are you hosting a community event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org