Peace camp and peace cycle to take place outside the Forum in Norwich
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2008
People are invited to take part in a bike ride across Norwich this weekend to promote peace.
The peace camp and peace cycle, which is now in its 12th year, takes place at the Forum on Saturday, July 15.
During the day, from 9am to 4pm, there will be a variety of stalls and activities for people of all ages to take part in.
The sheriff of Norwich, David Walker, will officially open the event at 11am. Then at midday, there will be a cycle ride for peace.
People wishing to take part in the bike ride are asked to bring their own bikes.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers have said there will also be bike doctor health checks in the main Forum building.
An event spokesman said: 'This year we are highlighting our maxim 'peace is achievable' and we are inviting people to engage with this by thinking of a world beyond war.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
For more information, visit www.norwichpeace.org.
Are you hosting a community event? Email email@example.com