Paws for applause - hospital dog show has crowd begging for more
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The sun was shining and tails were wagging as a host of dogs took centre stage at a Gorleston hospital charity show.
The James Paget University Hospital staff dog show took place today - Saturday, September 2.
Four-legged friends of all shapes and sizes put their best paw forward to help raise awareness for Dementia Care.
The show was organised by Ali Thayne, leader of the dementia care team at the hospital.
Beginning the competition with the 'Cutest Puppy' category the crowd could hardly contain themselves as the sprightly hounds hopped about.
You may also want to watch:
The 'Handsome Boy' category saw a procession of dapper dogs steal the hearts of the public, while 'Dogs Most Like Owner' saw a series of doggy doppelgängers displayed for all to see.
Many more mutts strutted their stuff for the crowds before proceedings rounded off with the highly anticipated 'Best in Show'.
For more information on the charity visit: www.dementiacare.org.uk .
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer