Patients evacuated from doctors surgery after fire at dentists in Hemsby
- Credit: Archant
Patients were evacuated from a medical centre following a fire.
There was a small fire at the John G Plummer and Associates Dental Surgeons based at the Hemsby Medical Centre in Kings Court.
The adjoining doctors surgery was vacated after the fire alarm went off just before 11am on Tuesday.
Crews from Martham and Gorleston were called to the building fire, which they found to be extinguished before arrival.
A member of staff from the dental practice said the fire was caused by a Bunsen burner in the surgery.
You may also want to watch:
They said everyone was fine and the fire was out before the crews were out.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker