Patients evacuated from doctors surgery after fire at dentists in Hemsby

There was a fire at Hemsby Medical Practice. Photo: Mike Peake

There was a fire at Hemsby Medical Practice. Photo: Mike Peake - Credit: Archant

Patients were evacuated from a medical centre following a fire.

There was a small fire at the John G Plummer and Associates Dental Surgeons based at the Hemsby Medical Centre in Kings Court.

The adjoining doctors surgery was vacated after the fire alarm went off just before 11am on Tuesday.

Crews from Martham and Gorleston were called to the building fire, which they found to be extinguished before arrival.

A member of staff from the dental practice said the fire was caused by a Bunsen burner in the surgery.


You may also want to watch:


They said everyone was fine and the fire was out before the crews were out.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus