Party in the Park and five other things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
From open air cinema screenings to gin festivals, here's a look at some of the events taking place across the county on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday, August 20
• Party in the Park, Earlham Park, Norwich, 12.30pm-11pm, £5
Intended to bring a taste of summer festival fun to Norwich, Party in the Park is a three-day event featuring live music, entertainment, food and drink. Some of Saturday's musical highlights include Killamonjambo, Jackson Tyson Charles, Montagues & Capulets and A Jimi Hendrix tribute.
• Forest Night Adventure, Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden, 8pm-10pm, Adults £8.50, Children £5.50
Jon Tyler of Wildforwoods will be taking guests on a magical adventure at Fairhaven Woodland and Watergarden this weekend that will feature astronomy, wildlife and sensory discovery. No dogs are allowed and booking is essential.
• Gin Festival, The Gin Trap Inn, Ringstead, 1pm-10.30pm, Free Entry
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 6 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
The Gin Trap Inn, a traditional pub in the heart of Ringstead will be hosting a Gin Festival this Saturday, where guests will be able to sample a range of 40 different varieties of gin, as well as various other drinks from an outside bar (weather permitting) while enjoying live music and a BBQ from 5pm until 9pm.
Sunday, August 21
• Hunstanton Kite Festival, Hunstanton Town Centre, 10.30am-6pm, Adults £5, Children £2
Now in its 20th year, the Hunstanton Kite Festival is a day out the whole family will enjoy, packed full of entertainment such as an aerobatic display, Indian fighting kites, classic car rally, pony rides, a dog show, falconry display, fun fair, craft fair and much more.
• Hopton's 10th Anniversary Fete, Recreation Ground, Lowestoft Road, 10.30am onwards, Free entry
On Sunday Hopton will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of their summer fete and carnival, organised by Great Yarmouth Lions Club and Hopton-On-Sea Parish Council. This year will see acts such as Phoenix Karate, The Sting Kings and Mirage Eastern Dance Group perform throughout the day, with Potters Theatre Company closing the show late afternoon with a tribute to West End shows. Various stalls, competitions and other attractions will also take place throughout the day.
• Picture House Pop Up Cinema, Plantation Garden, Norwich, 8.30pm, £10
Cinema City presents a series of outdoor film screenings in Norwich's very own secret garden. The majority of shows have already sold out, but tickets for Sunday's screening of the 1985 classic, The Goonies, are still available. The film, directed by Richard Donner, follows two brothers who, after finding out they may lose their house, embark on a journey to find treasure.
• Are you hosting a local event? You can submit it for listing on our website here.