Part of A11 closed following rush hour crash
- Credit: Archant
A lane of the A11 is closed to traffic heading into Norwich following a crash during rush hour traffic.
Police are on the scene near the Thickthorn Interchange following a crash earlier on Friday evening.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary wrote on Twitter that one lane of the northbound carriageway had been closed as a result of the incident.
Police have urged people to avoid the area, seek alternative routes and expect delays while traffic officers tend to the scene.
The incident has led to a heavy tailback of traffic between Wymondham and Thickthorn in the Norwich-bound carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
No further details have been made available at this time.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days