Park and ride baggage drop-off plan
Park and ride users at Norwich Airport will be able to shop and go after the extension of a trial service.Customers will be able to shop in the city and drop off their bags at a customer collection point at either Castle Mall or Jarrold The Store's customer services.
Park and ride users at Norwich Airport will be able to shop and go after the extension of a trial service.
Customers will be able to shop in the city and drop off their bags at a customer collection point at either Castle Mall or Jarrold The Store's customer services.
Items will be placed in a sealed crate and safely transferred back to the
park and ride site for collection.
The free service, which starts on Tuesday will also be available at Marks and Spencer, for goods bought in store.
Collections are made at 12pm, 1.15pm and 2.30pm and will be at the site ready for collection 45 minutes after this time, but can be held at the site until 5pm the day after.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 5 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 9 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
The free service is being run as an initiative by Norfolk County Council under the EU's Civitas scheme for cleaner and greener transport in cities.
Supporters believe it is perfect for those with lots of bags who want to drop them off to enjoy lunch with friends or carry on shopping into the afternoon.
The service carries all items, except cold or frozen goods, animals, flowers or plants and exceptionally large items.
A similar service was trialled during the Christmas period at Harford park and ride and is still continuing after being sponsored by the John Lewis store.