Paris is number one with sponsored head shave
- Credit: Archant
It is a venue used to hosting big audiences, but a crowd of onlookers gathered to witness a different sort of spectacle as Paris Hay had her head shaved at Cromer's Pavilion Theatre.
A bar supervisor at the theatre on Cromer Pier, Miss Hay had a close encounter with the scissors as she Braved the Shave for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Supporters counted down from 10 as hair stylist Katie Jarvis-Ueno stood poised with her hair clippers aloft.
A few minutes later, with her locks lying on the floor, Miss Hay, 25, was greeted with cheers and applause.
She said: 'I feel strange and I might get a shock when I look in the mirror, but am feeling quite proud. I decided to go for the Number 1 cut if you are going to do it, you have go to do it properly.'
Miss Hay has smashed her £500 fundraising target with more than £620 pledged.
Cromer Pier and Pavilion Theatre general manager Jo Artherton said: 'I think it is fantastic what Paris has done, she is very brave and we are really proud of her, well done.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
The head shave took place alongside a Macmillan coffee morning with cast members from Cromer Pier Show baking cakes for the occasion.
Dance captain Gina Chambers said: 'We were listening to the radio last year when a Macmillan advert came on and decided to hold a coffee morning.
'It was really successful so we wanted to do it again. I made some brownies and cup cakes and don't like to boast, but they have all gone.'
The make a donation go to www.bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/paris-hay/