Paralympian Jessica-Jane Applegate backs funding programme
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Paralympian Jessica-Jane Applegate has given her backing to a new sports funding programme.
The gold medallist from Burgh Castle said she was 'delighted' that homebuilder Persimmon Homes had agreed to support young athletes with its Healthy Community scheme - which will see it give away £600,000 to sporting causes across the country.
Miss Applegate said: 'Even for a medal winner, it is increasingly hard to find the funding needed to compete at the highest level, so corporate support of this kind is vital for both grassroots sport and developing future champions.
'There is so much individual sporting talent in East Anglia and some top-class sports clubs. I'd urge them all to get involved and make an application..'
The scheme will see Persimmon dish out £750 a month to either a sporting individual or club in the area for the remainder of the year.
You may also want to watch:
To apply, for funding visit persimmonhomes.com/charity
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?