Paperboy approached by suspicious man
A frightened paperboy ran onto the A11 dual carriageway after being approached by a driver outside a Norfolk village, who was wearing black stockings over his head.
A frightened paperboy ran onto the A11 dual carriageway after being approached outside a Norfolk village by a driver wearing black stockings over his head.
Detectives are appealing for information following the suspicious activity, which happened whilst the 16-year-old boy was completing his paper round in Croxton, near Thetford, on Thursday morning.
The youth was walking along Croxton Road towards Thetford at about 9.15am when an old style rusty-red coloured Volvo saloon drove past him whilst he was making his way under the dual carriageway bridge.
The vehicle then wheel-spun around and drove back at speed towards him before stopping alongside him.
You may also want to watch:
As he looked in to the car the youngster saw that the driver had black tights or stockings over his head and he could not see any facial features. The driver was wearing a black coat and black gloves and leaned towards the passenger door.
The boy then ran on to the A11 and flagged down a passing vehicle. The paperboy was wearing a dark grey duffle coat, blue jeans and carrying a fluorescent yellow paper bag.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
Norfolk Police wish to hear from anyone who can identify the Volvo or the driver or has details of the vehicles that stopped to help the boy on the A11.
Contact Det Con Nicola Marshall at Thetford CID on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.