Pantomime magic is cast over The Garage as the Norwich venue prepares for its festive show
- Credit: Teele Killing
Fairytale magic is being cast over The Garage this Christmas as the story of Cinderella takes to the city venue's stage.
Rehearsals are now under way for the festive show - a co-production by The Garage and All-In Productions - which is called My First Panto: Cinderella and aimed at giving children aged two to five their first experience of theatre.
A trio of actor-musicians will be playing all the roles in the classic children's story, and they have been having great fun developing the show with director Daniel Burgess.
The whole production is designed to put the young audience at the centre of the action, and the cast have created an array of magical musical moments including a giant conga line to get to the ball.
They have also been spending time with The Garage's toddler dance class to make sure the show is engaging and exciting for little ones.
Rosalind Burt, who will be playing Cinderella, said: 'We have had such joy putting together a piece of theatre for all the family to enjoy. It is full of glorious storytelling and playful moments with our audience, not to mention a chance to dance with Prince Charming and Cinderella!'
Lloyd Gorman will be playing the Fairy God Brother, Prince Simon and the ugly sister Kylie while Joey Herzfeld will be playing Buttons and the ugly sister Miley.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 3 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 4 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 5 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 8 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 9 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 10 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
My First Panto: Cinderella opens at The Garage, in Chapelfield North, Norwich, on Friday, December 9.
Some shows have already sold out and so extra 10.30am performances have now been added on Friday, December 16, Tuesday, December 20 and Friday, December 23, and extra 1.30pm performances have been added on Tuesday, December 13 and Monday, December 19.
The show lasts 50 minutes.
Tickets cost £10 for adults and £6 for children. Under ones are free.
To book, call the box office on 01603 598646 or visit www.thegarage.org.uk
Do you have a Norwich arts story?
Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org