Pantomime fun on the timetable for Hellesdon pupils
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Pantomime was on the timetable for some Hellesdon pupils when they received a visit from two stars of the Norwich Theatre Royal show Jack and the Beanstalk.
This year's show is set in the Wild West, and cast members Lila Anderson and Joe Press taught Arden Grove Infant and Junior School pupils some western dance moves during a performing arts workshop.
The children learned routines for two of the songs in the pantomime – 5, 6, 7, 8 and Cotton Eye Joe – ahead of going to see Jack and the Beanstalk this weekend.
Among those to take part in the cowboy-themed fun was six-year-old Marshall Leach, who said: 'I liked doing the galloping. We went round in the circle and I learned all the dances. It was a lot of fun.'
His classmate Harry White, seven, said: 'I liked dancing around in a circle although some bits were quite hard.'
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Frances Bevan, six, said: 'I liked everything about the workshop. It was really good working with Joe and Lila.'
Emily Evans, seven, added: 'I liked doing the lasso moves because I liked moving my arms about. I can't wait to see the pantomime. I have been to see one before and it was very cool.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
And even the teachers joined in with the dancing.
Joe Press laughed: 'In some cases, the teachers were just as good as the pupils. They did very well.'
His co-star Lila Anderson added: 'It was great to be able to teach the pupils some of the dances from this pantomime. They will now be perfectly prepared when they come along and see Jack and the Beanstalk.'
The learning workshop was part of the school's ongoing links with the theatre as part of an umbrella trust alongside Hellesdon High School.
Jack and the Beanstalk is being performed at the Theatre Royal until Sunday.
Tickets for the pantomime cost £7-£23.50.
For more information and to book tickets, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org