Panto proposal leads to Lowestoft audience cheering on
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
There has been a fairy tale ending at a Lowestoft pantomime after one of its main actors proposed on stage to his director girlfriend.
Lee Nevill, who was playing the comic character Justin Case in Beauty and the Beast, got down on bended knee at the end of the show at the Marina Theatre to ask the co-director of the panto Lauren Major if she would marry him.
And like all good fairy tales there was a happy ending when the large audience broke into cheers and applause, and the odd tear, as Lauren accepted his proposal.
The Marina Theatre was the perfect venue for the proposal as the two long-serving members of the Lowestoft Players amateur dramatic group started their relationship after they appeared on stage together there in Thoroughly Modern Millie in 2007.
Lee, who works at Lowestoft College, made his move on Saturday night as it was the last evening performance of the Beauty and the Beast.
You may also want to watch:
He proposed during the traditional end of production ceremony when back stage crew go on stage to take a bow, with female members given a bouquet of flowers.
Lauren, who works for CLS Offshore Ltd in Great Yarmouth, said: 'Then everything seemed to happen in a blur, there was cheering and shouting from the audience, I was in tears - it was just wonderful.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 8 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 9 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 10 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road