Norfolk Wildlife Trust appoints new chief executive
- Credit: Archant
The Norfolk Wildlife Trust has appointed a new chief executive.
Pamela Abbott joins the Trust from her position as director of programmes at the UN Environment World Conservation Monitoring Centre, where she was responsible for the centre's international conservation projects.
She has also undertaken a variety of senior roles with the UK's government advisory body for the environment, Natural England. Most recently as area manager for Norfolk and Suffolk where her team managed 15 National Nature Reserves including Scolt Head Island and Dersingham Bog in Norfolk.
Ms Abbott said: 'I am hugely excited to be leading Norfolk Wildlife Trust into the future. The Trust looks after some of the very best places for nature in the UK. It will be a great privilege to work with our members and partners to protect and enhance these sites and their function in the wider countryside.
'As the climate changes and species are on the move, it will be vital to build on the Trust's Living Landscapes initiative. We want to create a resilient, connected countryside for people and for wildlife.
'With insights from international conservation science, and learning from staff, members, volunteers and partners, we can develop imaginative initiatives. By working together, we can enhance our wildlife and wild places in the county for the benefit of local communities.'
She is due to start her new role at the Trust at the beginning of June.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
David Thompson, Chair of NWT Board of Trustees, added: 'We are delighted to announce the appointment of Pamela Abbott as our new chief executive. She impressed the selection panel by her 'fit' with our aspirations, her energy and her combined appreciation of the existing work of the Trust with her capacity for innovation.
'The Board very much looks forward to working with Pamela as she settles in to this pivotal role, and builds both on the exceptional legacy left by Brendan Joyce and the support of our staff, members and other stakeholders.'