Palmers Department Store in Great Yarmouth set to celebrate 180th anniversary in style
- Credit: Archant
A landmark department store in Great Yarmouth is gearing up to celebrate its 180th anniversary with a major competition.
Palmers Department Store will be celebrating 180 years of business in the town next month with a Win the Window competition and a special party.
The competition will see 180 items from the store placed in a window from Friday, May 5 and customers will be able to guess their combined worth in a competition to win them by filling out a form.
David Howard, managing director at the store, said the combined worth of all the items will be in the thousands of pounds.
The competition will run until May 28.
You may also want to watch:
The anniversary celebrations will also see a celebration being held at the store on Saturday, May 6 with a visit by the mayor of the borough at 11am. There will be a celebration cake cutting, demonstrations, canapés, beverages and live music.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 8 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 9 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder