Palgrave Primary School receives ‘good’ Ofsted report
Teachers and governors at a north Suffolk school have pledged to make further improvements after being rated as 'good' by Ofsted.
Inspectors visited Palgrave Primary School, near Diss, at the beginning of May and praised the school for its family atmosphere and caring environment and for promoting pupils' confidence.
Students at the 46-pupil Church of England voluntary-controlled school achieve above the national average in Year 6 mathematics and English, according to a report.
Ofsted inspector Graham Preston said the school had made 'significant progress' and commented on the pupils' good progress and enjoyment in lessons and participation in many extra curricular activities.
The report concluded that further improvements can be made by making the best use of lesson time to provide different levels of learning and to help boost reception and Years 1 to 3 language and communication skills.
Kit Wells, chairman of governors, said: 'Palgrave school has made very good progress over the last two years, thanks to the extremely hard work of the headteacher and all the teaching and support staff.'
'I am delighted that all this effort is now coming through in high levels of achievement for our pupils, and we shall continue still further to improve the rounded education that we offer over the coming years.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 8 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 9 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 10 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction