Painters of all ages invited to take part in open-air art event in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of artists are set to descend upon Norwich next week for an open-air painting competition – and budding painters of all ages and abilities are also being invited to join them for a special event at Mousehold Heath.
Paint Out Norwich returns to the city for a second year next Tuesday and people will be able to watch 39 artists create an array of work across our fine city as they compete in the two-day en plein air competition
Then on Thursday, October 22, members of the public are being invited to pick up their paintbrushes and join the artists for a three-hour mass paint-out event at Mousehold Heath from 1.30pm until 4.30pm.
James Colman, who organises Paint Out Norwich with Will Buckley, said: 'The Mousehold event is open to all ages and anyone who is a keen painter. Get out your brushes and come down and have a go.
'It is a chance to paint alongside very experienced artists and see how en plein air is done to a very high standard.'
Another new addition for this year will be a nocturne painting event which will see a small group of artists out and about around the city on Tuesday and Wednesday night next week.
Mr Colman said: 'We are trying to broaden it out a lot, that is the main drive this year, to try to appeal to all ages, and we are pretty confident we are going to see an interesting array of approaches to the en plein air experience.'
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
Paint Out Norwich is part of Hansells Hostry Festival. Visit www.paintoutnorwich.org and www.hostryfestival.org
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email Emma Knights at email@example.com