Painters of all ages invited to take part in open-air art event in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of artists are set to descend upon Norwich next week for an open-air painting competition – and budding painters of all ages and abilities are also being invited to join them for a special event at Mousehold Heath.
Paint Out Norwich returns to the city for a second year next Tuesday and people will be able to watch 39 artists create an array of work across our fine city as they compete in the two-day en plein air competition
Then on Thursday, October 22, members of the public are being invited to pick up their paintbrushes and join the artists for a three-hour mass paint-out event at Mousehold Heath from 1.30pm until 4.30pm.
James Colman, who organises Paint Out Norwich with Will Buckley, said: 'The Mousehold event is open to all ages and anyone who is a keen painter. Get out your brushes and come down and have a go.
'It is a chance to paint alongside very experienced artists and see how en plein air is done to a very high standard.'
Another new addition for this year will be a nocturne painting event which will see a small group of artists out and about around the city on Tuesday and Wednesday night next week.
Mr Colman said: 'We are trying to broaden it out a lot, that is the main drive this year, to try to appeal to all ages, and we are pretty confident we are going to see an interesting array of approaches to the en plein air experience.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 6 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 7 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 8 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 9 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
Paint Out Norwich is part of Hansells Hostry Festival. Visit www.paintoutnorwich.org and www.hostryfestival.org
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email Emma Knights at email@example.com