Painters of all ages invited to take part in open-air art event in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of artists are set to descend upon Norwich next week for an open-air painting competition – and budding painters of all ages and abilities are also being invited to join them for a special event at Mousehold Heath.
Paint Out Norwich returns to the city for a second year next Tuesday and people will be able to watch 39 artists create an array of work across our fine city as they compete in the two-day en plein air competition
Then on Thursday, October 22, members of the public are being invited to pick up their paintbrushes and join the artists for a three-hour mass paint-out event at Mousehold Heath from 1.30pm until 4.30pm.
James Colman, who organises Paint Out Norwich with Will Buckley, said: 'The Mousehold event is open to all ages and anyone who is a keen painter. Get out your brushes and come down and have a go.
'It is a chance to paint alongside very experienced artists and see how en plein air is done to a very high standard.'
Another new addition for this year will be a nocturne painting event which will see a small group of artists out and about around the city on Tuesday and Wednesday night next week.
Mr Colman said: 'We are trying to broaden it out a lot, that is the main drive this year, to try to appeal to all ages, and we are pretty confident we are going to see an interesting array of approaches to the en plein air experience.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
Paint Out Norwich is part of Hansells Hostry Festival. Visit www.paintoutnorwich.org and www.hostryfestival.org
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email Emma Knights at email@example.com