Coastguard and RNLI called to three teens on one paddleboard
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Life-savers were called to help a group of three teenagers who went missing off the Norfolk coast.
I happened when the callout request came in at 1.12pm on Thursday, June 3.
Coastguard Search and Rescue teams from Hunstanton and Wells & Cley were called along with Hunstanton RNLI to find the trio, who were all on one paddleboard.
After help from the harbour master, the rescuers found the teenagers and brought them back to shore.
None of them needed medical help, the Coastguard said.
You may also want to watch:
It was the Hunstanton Coastguard rescue team's 63rd callout of 2021 so far.
One witness said: "They didn't even have life jackets on. So irresponsible. Thank goodness for the Coastguard and lifeboat."
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 5 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 8 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 9 'We loved our East Anglian holiday so much - we bought the company'
- 10 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby