Packed pub quiz raises hundreds for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk pub was packed out for its quiz night as it turned its usual Tuesday quizzing into a fundraising night for the Poppy Appeal and The Royal British Legion.
The Queen's Head, in Eye, ended up having to turn punters away after more than 60 people turned up to take part.
One team representing the Royal Naval Association travelled the 30-mile round trip from Stowmarket.
The donation pot was raised significantly thanks to the inclusion of a swear box that kept filling up through-out the night.
More than £200 was raised with prizes for the winning teams donated from surrounding businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy appeal organiser Jacqueline Aling said: 'It was such a fantastic night and a real sense of community spirit.
'Landlord Leigh Gardiner and his team really helped the appeal out, as while we were busy selling poppies on the street, they organised the quiz night.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich