Own a keepsake from Norwich City’s promotion parade and support the Depression Alliance
Norwich City supporters are being given the chance to re-live the Canaries' promotion celebrations of last season and raise funds for a depression charity.
Up for grabs in a charity auction is the cream linen suit worn by City full-back Marc Tierney during the club's promotion parade around Norwich last May, after finishing second in the Championship.
Mr Tierney bought the suit, which has a 40in chest and 32in waist, the day before the parade and has donated it to be sold on the Sellebrity website - run by former Canaries winger Darren Eadie.
The defender said: 'I was searching round for something appropriate, saw this suit and thought it captured the moment and would be a bit of a laugh.
'We were having a barbecue before the parade and I got a few wolf whistles and I've never heard the last of it since – it's Miami Vice meets Liverpool's white-suited Spice Boys!
You may also want to watch:
'I was inundated with text messages while I was on the bus but as long as it made people smile, that's the main thing.'
The suit - which is being sold on www.sellebrity.org.uk - comes with a hand-written note signed by Mr Tierney and money raised will go to his chosen charity, the Depression Alliance.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 9 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 10 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
Mr Eadie added: 'Marc is a popular character among City fans and many among the tens of thousands lining the streets of Norwich on that great day will remember smiling and thinking 'look at Tierney's suit.
'We think this is a great way of combining giving to charity with getting hold of something that was a part of something really special.
'Whether you want to wear it, frame it or hang it in your lounge, it will certainly be a talking point!'
Are you raising funds for charity? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or firstname.lastname@example.org