Overturned lorry carrying 600 turkeys closes A47 between Easton and Honingham
- Credit: Archant
Part of the A47 has been closed in both directions after a lorry carrying 600 turkeys overturned.
The A47 between Easton and Honingham remains closed while a large spill of diesel is cleaned up.
The lorry has now been righted onto its wheels and will be recovered shortly.
Highways England has said that it is working with Norfolk Police to reopen the road soon.
The vehicle is believed to have been carrying 600 turkeys, the condition of which are not known.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services were called to the crash, on the Norwich-bound carriageway near the Easton roundabout, at just before 7.30am on Wednesday, November 14.
Firefighters from Earlham, Carrow and Dereham, along with East of England Ambulance Service, went to the crash. It is understood the lorry driver has suffered an injury, although it is not believed to be serious.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
Norfolk police tweeted that they would need to close the road to deal with an oil spill.
They warned drivers there would be 'significant delays'.
Konectbus tweeted that there would be major delays on its services 4,8,510 and 511.
And there was a separate crash on the A47 near Postwick at just before 8.30am. Police said a car travelling on the westbound carriageway had spun and partially blocked the carriageway.
•Check our live traffic map before you travel