Overstrand gets set to rock at annual sports club music festival
- Credit: Colin Finch
Ten north Norfolk bands will be entertaining crowds at Overstrand Sports Club on Saturday, as part of the ninth annual Rockstock music festival.
The event, which was first held to raise cash to replace the club pavilion's thatched roof, has, over the years, raised more than £30,000 for club funds.
This year's line-up will include Blondie tribute act Parallel Times, as well Rockabilly group Bonneville 58s and rock and roll group Round the Clock.
Club committee member Michael Cox said: 'We are expecting crowds in their hundreds, it's a family event that gives people a chance to hear some great, local music and I think there's something for everyone.'
The festival, which runs from 3pm-11.30pm will also include a bar and a barbecue. Tickets, (priced £10, accompanied U16s free), are available from Databag and Postle's, Cromer, and from Overstrand Stores and the White Horse, Overstrand.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich