Overstrand gets set to rock at annual sports club music festival
- Credit: Colin Finch
Ten north Norfolk bands will be entertaining crowds at Overstrand Sports Club on Saturday, as part of the ninth annual Rockstock music festival.
The event, which was first held to raise cash to replace the club pavilion's thatched roof, has, over the years, raised more than £30,000 for club funds.
This year's line-up will include Blondie tribute act Parallel Times, as well Rockabilly group Bonneville 58s and rock and roll group Round the Clock.
Club committee member Michael Cox said: 'We are expecting crowds in their hundreds, it's a family event that gives people a chance to hear some great, local music and I think there's something for everyone.'
The festival, which runs from 3pm-11.30pm will also include a bar and a barbecue. Tickets, (priced £10, accompanied U16s free), are available from Databag and Postle's, Cromer, and from Overstrand Stores and the White Horse, Overstrand.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 3 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 7 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 8 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 9 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
- 10 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich