Overnight resurfacing work to start in Eaton
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Overnight resurfacing work will start on Monday and continue until the end of the month in Eaton village centre.
The work will include carriageway resurfacing of the centre, including the Eaton Street crossroads and its approaches.
Two speed tables will also be put in at new crossing points.
It is expected the work will be noisy, but Norfolk County Council said this would only be for the first week of the closure and would have an 11pm cut off.
It means the crossroads will be closed from 7pm to 7am until August 31, with diversions in place.
You may also want to watch:
Access to Church Lane and for residents and pedestrians will continue.
During the daytime traffic management will continue as before while construction of the rest of the scheme takes place.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
And the closure of the Eaton slip road will also continue until August 29, unless it is possible to open earlier.