Overnight closures on A11 at Fiveways roundabout
- Credit: Mike Page
Overnight improvement works are taking place on the A11 near Mildenhall this week.
The southbound A11 approaching the Fiveways roundabout and one lane of its northbound approach will be closed overnight from March 9 to 12 to allow for safety improvements to be carried out.
The work was due to begin in January but was delayed after 'operational concerns' were raised, including the safety of road workers.
The work will improve safety and traffic flows by changing the road markings and signs on the roundabout and its approaches to more clearly direct traffic into the correct lanes.
During the work the southbound approach to the roundabout will be closed between 10pm and 6am and traffic will be diverted via the B1107 and A1065.
There will also be overnight lane closures on the northbound A11 approach as well as on the roundabout itself.
The southbound lay-by at the Elveden War Memorial will also be closed from March 8 to 12.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
Drivers are advised to plan ahead and leave extra time for their journeys.