Overcooked food causes fire in building near Great Yarmouth town centre

Stock image of a fire engine.

Stock image of a fire engine. - Credit: Archant

Firefighters extinguished a blaze near Great Yarmouth town centre caused by overcooked food.

Officers from Norfolk Fire and Rescue were sent to reports of a building fire on North Quay.

The fire was caused by overcooked food and they extinguished the flames using hand appliances.

A call came into the emergency services at 12.41pm and two appliances from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston fire stations attended.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus