Over 55s club members in Stalham enjoy greyhound visit
- Credit: Archant
Everybody loves a greyhound and members of an over 55s club welcomed four of the animals to its monthly meeting.
Norwich-based Action for Greyhounds, which is a non-profit making organisation dedicated to the welfare of the dogs, was invited to the Stalham over 55s Good Fellowship Club at the town hall, on Friday, March 17.
Joyce Bowler, secretary of the club, said 'It went very well. About 45 people attended the meeting, which was very good. Club members had a good day and we gave a cheque for £25, plus the money collected in a bucket, to the greyhound group.'
One of the greyhounds attracting attention was Vinny, who is living in an AfG foster home while awaiting adoption. The black male was saved by another greyhound project in County Clare, Ireland.
'He was only two when he arrived and was of no use to the racing industry,' Afg spokesman Annie Boddey said.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall