Over 55s club members in Stalham enjoy greyhound visit
- Credit: Archant
Everybody loves a greyhound and members of an over 55s club welcomed four of the animals to its monthly meeting.
Norwich-based Action for Greyhounds, which is a non-profit making organisation dedicated to the welfare of the dogs, was invited to the Stalham over 55s Good Fellowship Club at the town hall, on Friday, March 17.
Joyce Bowler, secretary of the club, said 'It went very well. About 45 people attended the meeting, which was very good. Club members had a good day and we gave a cheque for £25, plus the money collected in a bucket, to the greyhound group.'
One of the greyhounds attracting attention was Vinny, who is living in an AfG foster home while awaiting adoption. The black male was saved by another greyhound project in County Clare, Ireland.
'He was only two when he arrived and was of no use to the racing industry,' Afg spokesman Annie Boddey said.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working