Over �300 raised at Old Catton cake sale held in memory of Coltishall teenager Ryan Sweatman
Over �300 was raised in memory of Coltishall teenager Ryan Sweatman at the weekend.
A charity cake sale and coffee morning was held at Old Catton Village Hall on Saturday to raise money for the Meningitis Research Foundation.
Ryan, a former Broadland High School pupil, died in his sleep aged just 19 in January from meningococcal septicaemia after a short period of illness over the Christmas period.
The event proved a big success and was attended by Ryan's mum, Gina Weston.
Organiser Liz Rogers said: 'The morning was a great success. A total of �323 was raised for the Remember Ryan fund which will go towards the Meningitis Research Foundation.
'A huge thanks goes out to all the people who either donated a cake, their time or both – without them the day would not have been such a success.'
For more information on Ryan's remembrance fund, go to www.meningitis.org/book-of-experience/ryan-sweatman-59417
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school