Over �2,600 raised in aid of Cots For Tots appeal by West Norwich Lions Club
A cheque for �2,605 has been presented to the Cots For Tots appeal at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital's neonatal unit.
Rachael and Paul Blunt's daughter, Sophie, was born three months early weighing just 2lb 11oz in October 2011.
She was cared for at the N&N's neonatal unit so to show their appreciation Rachael and Paul asked the West Norwich Lions Club to help them raise funds for the appeal.
The fundraising was boosted by Terry Atkins, who baked cakes and sold them to staff at the Royal Mail sorting office in Thorpe Road, Norwich.
The �200 that Terry raised was then matched by the Royal Mail's charity fund.
You may also want to watch:
Rachael said: 'We have one of the top clinics in the country here in Norwich and it is because of the dedication and quality of the doctors and nursing staff that Sophie is with us today. A great big thanks to them all.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 Matt Hancock faces calls to resign after allegation of affair with aide