Over £1,300 raised for children’s charity at Lowestoft quiz night
- Credit: Archant
Over £1,000 has been raised by the Lowestoft Friends' Group for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) at its annual quiz night.
The event was held at the Masonic Hall on March 29. Fish and chips and a hard-fought contest was enjoyed by nearly 100 people, eventually won by one point by Ipso Facto.
The amount raised on the night was £1,384, which included the pound for pound match by Barclays Bank.
The group would like to thank everyone who supported the quiz, Barclays Bank, the staff at the Masonic Hall and those who donated raffle prizes, including a generous donation from Tesco in Beccles.
The shield for the winning team was presented by Lynne Nobbs, chairman of Lowestoft Friends' Group.
You may also want to watch:
EACH supports families and cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex.
• Are you raising funds for a special cause? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns