Wetherspoon diners disappointed as chain cancels Tuesday Steak Club
Steak lovers were left in the lurch on Tuesday as Wetherspoon pubs were forced to scrap their regular Steak Club.
All 900 of the chain's pubs were unable to serve steak due to a 'supplier failure'.
Diners craving Aberdeen Angus rump steak, sirloin steak and gammon were instead offered quinoa and halloumi salad alternatives.
A notice given in the pubs read: 'Due to a supplier failure, the following meals are unavailable: 8oz and 14oz Aberdeen Angus rump steak, 8oz sirloin steak, 5oz and 10z gammon.
'We are still able to offer our Mixed grill and large mixed grill meals, but they will be served with a grilled chicken breast instead of the Aberdeen Angus rump steak.'
You may also want to watch:
Ian Clarke visited The Romany Rye in Dereham last night with his wife.
He said: 'When we got to the pub there was a sign up informing people there was no steak due to an issue with the supplier. We heard people saying it was the same at every other Wetherspoons in the country.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 4 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 New owner of business park could have lost trade without purchase
'We ended up having the chicken mixed grill instead of steak which we enjoyed, but a lot of people there were really disappointed.'
The disappointment was shared across the county.
Selwyn Goldsmith said: 'What the hell has happened to Steak Night tonight? The Queen of Iceni in Norwich has no steak at four in the afternoon and barman says no other Wetherspoons in Norwich have any either! Have had to take my hunger elsewhere!'
Wetherspoons have apologised to customers.
Their supplier Russell Hume told the Sun its meat was recalled as a 'precautionary measure' because of mislabelling.