Outdoor amphitheatre plans for Harleston school
A south Norfolk school is looking to boost its outdoor learning with plans for an amphitheatre for lessons and drama productions.
Fundraising has begun for the �4,000 outdoor classroom at Harleston Primary School, which will also be made available to community groups in the town.
The project is set to be boosted by a grand auction of promises next month, which has been organised by the Friends of Harleston Primary School.
The amphitheatre scheme is part of Safari - a six-month series of creative learning workshops that has been part funded by the Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
Around 100 lots will go under the hammer at an auction of promises at Archbishop Sancroft High School in Harleston at 7pm on Friday, April 1 to raise funds for the outdoor classroom. Lots include a weekend cottage for two, tickets to the World Snooker Championships in Sheffield, and JCB and driver hire for a day.
Roger Walsh, headteacher at Harleston Primary, said drama and the outdoors was a key part of the learning environment at the school.
'The outdoor learning area is a dream and a vision and will be a unique area which we can use with children and everyone that wants to share it. We are really excited and enthusiastic about it becoming a reality and the auction of promises is pretty spectacular,' he said.
- 1 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 2 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 3 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 4 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 8 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 9 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 10 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
Tickets for the auction of promises, which cost �5, are available from Harleston Primary School on 01379 852302.