Explosive pyrotechnic extravaganza to be showcased as part of Out There Festival
- Credit: Archant
An 'iconic' international company has returned to Great Yarmouth as they prepare to lead a stunning procession that will 'leave audiences breathless.'
A world premiere will be showcased at the Out There International Festival of Circus and Street Arts tonight (Saturday) - with organisers promising an 'explosive' extravaganza.
The headline Saturday Night Spectacular starts at 8.10pm this evening in St George's Park, with French street arts titans Générik Vapeur returning to Great Yarmouth to collaborate with the UK's Gorilla Circus as they perform Bivouac.
In a special Circus250 commission, the Out There Festival favourites Générik Vapeur are back in Yarmouth after their last show in 2010 was one of the festival's most lasting memories.
For this year, festival organisers SeaChange Arts are using a cast of 250 local people as a 'nomadic, pyrotechnic extravaganza' parades across the streets of Yarmouth.
Speaking ahead of the performance, Darren Cross, communications director at SeaChange Arts, said: 'The weather has been great and there has been a really good turnout, with lots of people enjoying themselves.
'We have more than 35 companies and 150 performers here and tonight's spectacular will be fantastic. We are all very pleased to have an international, iconic company back.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 10 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
'It will be explosive, amazing, far out and will leave audiences breathless.'
The festival continues on Sunday, and to see the full Out There Festival programme visit the Out There Festival website www.seachangearts.org.uk/