Explosive pyrotechnic extravaganza to be showcased as part of Out There Festival
- Credit: Archant
An 'iconic' international company has returned to Great Yarmouth as they prepare to lead a stunning procession that will 'leave audiences breathless.'
A world premiere will be showcased at the Out There International Festival of Circus and Street Arts tonight (Saturday) - with organisers promising an 'explosive' extravaganza.
The headline Saturday Night Spectacular starts at 8.10pm this evening in St George's Park, with French street arts titans Générik Vapeur returning to Great Yarmouth to collaborate with the UK's Gorilla Circus as they perform Bivouac.
In a special Circus250 commission, the Out There Festival favourites Générik Vapeur are back in Yarmouth after their last show in 2010 was one of the festival's most lasting memories.
For this year, festival organisers SeaChange Arts are using a cast of 250 local people as a 'nomadic, pyrotechnic extravaganza' parades across the streets of Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking ahead of the performance, Darren Cross, communications director at SeaChange Arts, said: 'The weather has been great and there has been a really good turnout, with lots of people enjoying themselves.
'We have more than 35 companies and 150 performers here and tonight's spectacular will be fantastic. We are all very pleased to have an international, iconic company back.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 10 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
'It will be explosive, amazing, far out and will leave audiences breathless.'
The festival continues on Sunday, and to see the full Out There Festival programme visit the Out There Festival website www.seachangearts.org.uk/