Oulton Broad man faces close shave for charity
A north Suffolk man will be having a very close shave on Saturday as he loses his hair, eyebrows and arm and leg hairs in aid of charities that are helping his friend tackle a serious illness.
Shane Pettingill, 42, from Oulton Broad, near Lowestoft, will have his head and his eyebrows shaved at Gorleston's Hair-Um and then have his arms and legs waxed at Nicola's Health and Beauty Clinic in Beccles to raise funds for the Sandra Chapman Centre at the James Paget University Hospital, the Lymphoma Association and Mind.
The Sizewell B maintenance technician is having the ultimate make over as his friend Paul Yallop, 43 and a financial advisor from Henstead, has Hodgkin's lymphoma and is undergoing chemotherapy.
Since his friend was diagnosed earlier this year, Mr Pettingill has raised more than �2,800 for the three good causes.
And Sizewell B operators EDF Energy have pledged a further �1,000 to the fund-raising pot.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pettingill said: 'Some people have said I am brave to do it, but I am not the brave one, Paul is.'
To make a donation in support of Mr Pettingill's make over visit www.charitygiving.co.uk/shanepettingill
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 6 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 10 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque