Oulton Broad charity ball raises £3,800
- Credit: Archant
Numerous charities and community groups are in line for a £3,800 windfall, after a hugely successful inaugural event.
The Lovewell Blake charity ball was recently held at the Ivy House Country Hotel at Oulton Broad – and such was the success of the event that plans are already under way to make it an annual occasion.
Staff at chartered accountants, business advisers and financial planners, Lovewell Blake – which has an office on the Quay View Business Park in Lowestoft – organised the ball to raise money for the firm's LB150 Fund, which distributes grants to a range of organisations.
About 150 people enjoyed a drinks reception, three course meal and dancing to top function band 'Penfold', who have played at venues ranging from the Hammersmith Palais to the Ministry of Sound.
A total of £3,800 was raised from the event, which will go to Lovewell Blake's LB150 Fund. The fund has distributed more than £200,000 of grants to charities and community groups since being set up in 2008.
Beverley Luckins, one of the organisers, said: 'We are thrilled at the support we received for our first ball – and we have already booked the same venue for next year.
'Everyone who came said they had a fantastic time, which made all the hard work worthwhile. We are delighted with the amount we raised, which will go to local community organisations.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 6 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
'We hope people will now put Saturday, April 14 2018 in their diaries, as this is the date for our second ball.'