Oulton Broad charity ball raises £3,800
- Credit: Archant
Numerous charities and community groups are in line for a £3,800 windfall, after a hugely successful inaugural event.
The Lovewell Blake charity ball was recently held at the Ivy House Country Hotel at Oulton Broad – and such was the success of the event that plans are already under way to make it an annual occasion.
Staff at chartered accountants, business advisers and financial planners, Lovewell Blake – which has an office on the Quay View Business Park in Lowestoft – organised the ball to raise money for the firm's LB150 Fund, which distributes grants to a range of organisations.
About 150 people enjoyed a drinks reception, three course meal and dancing to top function band 'Penfold', who have played at venues ranging from the Hammersmith Palais to the Ministry of Sound.
A total of £3,800 was raised from the event, which will go to Lovewell Blake's LB150 Fund. The fund has distributed more than £200,000 of grants to charities and community groups since being set up in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Beverley Luckins, one of the organisers, said: 'We are thrilled at the support we received for our first ball – and we have already booked the same venue for next year.
'Everyone who came said they had a fantastic time, which made all the hard work worthwhile. We are delighted with the amount we raised, which will go to local community organisations.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
'We hope people will now put Saturday, April 14 2018 in their diaries, as this is the date for our second ball.'