Have you spotted this otter in Norwich?
- Credit: ben moore
An otter has been spotted in Norwich.
Ben Moore captured a video of an otter near Cow Tower during his lunch break on Tuesday, March 13.
The 24-year-old, who lives in the city, said: 'I spotted it next to Cow Tower on my lunch break yesterday, funnily enough I went back today and saw it again in the same place.
'Only a few weeks previously I saw a different much bigger dog otter further along the river by the Compleat Angler pub.
'As I was walking along the river I noticed lots of ripples coming from behind a tree, at first I thought it must have been a drain discharging water but then I saw the tail go under. I followed it along the bank and once it had noticed me it made no attempt to disappear and actually came up close, which is when I managed to film it.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'I have previously filmed otters elsewhere on the broads using my trail cameras and have footage on my YouTube page. It is great to be able to see them up close in the city - something you most often struggle with in the countryside!'
• Have you spotted an otter in Norwich? Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys