WATCH: Amazing moment dog walker spots otter darting across countryside
- Credit: Ian Clarke
A dog walker has captured "a one in a million" shot of an otter running across the Norfolk Broads near the Acle Straight.
Jonny Worden was by the Berney Arms with his partner Tara and two dogs when an otter ran past them.
Mr Worden, from east Norwich, quickly grabbed his phone to catch the surprising moment the mammal darted past them on Sunday.
He said: "I often walk from Halvergate to the Berney Arms and have never seen an otter out on land before.
"It ran out and then jumped into some long grass.
"I think it was a million to one chance of seeing that and I don't think I will see an otter out in the wild like that again."
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'