Ormiston Herman pupils dress to impress to celebrate Royal wedding
- Credit: Ormiston Herman Academy
Pupils at a Gorleston school wore red, white and blue, or wedding attire, for their own celebration of the Royal Wedding.
And Ormiston Herman Academy also marked the weekend wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with a special traditional picnic lunch.
For the lunch, the academy’s catering team ran a competition to design a wedding cake. Four lucky winners were selected who this afternoon (Friday) created a cake based on their winning design.
And there was more! An ice-cream van visited as a celebratory treat to mark the end of SATs and to help celebrate the Royal event.
Kate Rutherford, principal of Ormiston Herman Academy, said: “It’s wonderful to see the children so excited about this event. Today is an excellent opportunity for them to relax and enjoy themselves after they have all worked so hard on their SATs.”
You may also want to watch:
Pictures: Ormiston Herman Academy
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Local pub splashes back into action
- 3 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 4 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 7 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 8 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 9 Cliff fall man arrested on suspicion of woman's murder
- 10 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn