Ormiston Families to hold Walk with a Fork fundraiser at Kimberley Hall near Norwich
- Credit: Archant
An eight-mile walk on a warm summer's day around the Norfolk countryside would be enough to make anyone a bit peckish.
But thankfully those embarking on a popular charity fundraising Walk with a Fork event near Norwich this weekend will be able to grab a few treats along the way to keep them going.
The event at Kimberley Hall on Sunday, May 14 has become the flagship fundraiser for Ormiston Families, with money going to help young people in challenging circumstances.
And as well as raising money from ticket sales of £23 per person, people will be able to indulge in snacks provided by local food and drink producers along the route.
This year's suppliers include Woodfordes Brewery, Whin Hill Norfolk Cider, Wild Knight English Vodka, Crush Foods, Essence Foods, Fairfields Farm Crisps, The Fruit Pig Company and Algy's Popcorn.
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Lamb, relationship and events manager at Ormiston Families, said: 'We are delighted with the success Walk with a Fork has had over the years and are especially pleased to be bringing the event back to Kimberley Hall this year.
'We always look forward to Walk with a Fork and enjoying all of the great local food and drink from East Anglia and the beautiful scenery of the countryside – all while raising vital funds which allow us to continue our work with children, young people and families throughout the region.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
'We are hugely grateful to Kimberley Hall and our sponsors – Charlie's Norfolk Food Heroes, Travis Perkins, Yare Valley Farming and NFU Mutual's Hethersett office.'
Children under five years old go free and dogs are welcome.
To book tickets, visit: www.ormiston-families.eventbrite.com
Ormiston Families also held a Walk with a Fork was held at Abbots Ripton Hall, Cambridgeshire on Sunday, May 7 and will be coming to Helmingham Hall, Suffolk on Sunday, September 3.
Kimberley Hall is known as a popular wedding venues in Norfolk and was built in 1712.
The house overlooks a substantial 15-acre lake and the River Tiffey valley. The park is home to Norfolk's best collection of ancient oaks, recently acknowledged by the experts at Kew Gardens.