Academy pupils welcome visitors from a galaxy far, far away
- Credit: Ormiston Denes Academy
It was an occasion that saw children meet Chewie and students meet stormtroopers.
To celebrate a year of hard work, pupils at Ormiston Denes Academy were treated to a surprise visit from guests - who had travelled from a galaxy far, far away.
The school in Lowestoft was visited by some favourites from the Star Wars universe, with Chewbacca the Wookiee, droid R2-D2 and two Stormtroopers all dropping in.
Taking a break from their Rebel and Imperial duties respectively, the characters played basketball with students, met with the principal and took photographs during their visit.
The characters also delivered 50 golden tickets to every pupil that boasts 100pc attendance records and those who had received the most reward points.
The ticket winners were then given extra encounters with the characters, taking part in a Star Wars-themed photo shoot and receiving commemorative prints.
Stuart Aldous, assistant principal said: 'The whole school were amazed to see Chewbacca sitting in a maths lesson or Stormtroopers walking the corridors greeting pupils.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 World War Two aircraft to fly over Norfolk's skies
- 3 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 4 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 5 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 6 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 7 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 8 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 9 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
'It was a fantastic experience for our pupils in recognition of all their efforts, hard work and dedication.
'It was also an opportunity to celebrate our academy's strong attendance - which is well above the national average.
'The feedback has been really positive from all involved, and we hope it was an unforgettable experience.'
The visit came at the most topical of times, with the latest addition of the saga - The Last Jedi - opening in cinemas this week.
The film is the eighth in the series of the Star Wars saga, and the third to be released since Disney took over the franchise.
The very same characters will be walking to red carpet in London following their visit to the school - as part of the Premier events UK team.
Dominic Dack, head of rewards at Ormiston Denes, added: 'What a great experience for pupils this was.
'It was great to see the looks of excitement on all the faces across the academy.'
The visit was kept top secret, even from the majority of the staff, with just five knowing about it in advance.