Organisers of Suffolk Show to rise cover five fold after cancellation
ORGANISERS of the Suffolk Show have increased financial cover for the event by five times following the cancellation of its second day last Friday
The Suffolk Agricultural Association (SAA) is expecting to underwrite the show for �500,000 to cover losses incurred by the cancellation of the second day of the show, which costs �1.4million to stage. Typically the show costs about �100,000 to underwrite.
Meanwhile, the non-profit organisation has announced it will refund the cost of tickets bought by people due to attend the show last Friday.
The show's first day had featured members of the Lowestoft-based Waveney Gymnastics Club performing in the sports arena.
Anyone who bought tickets at branches of Sainsbury's, Tesco, the Post Office and tourist information centres can obtain a refund by 5pm on Friday, June 15.
You may also want to watch:
Similarly, tickets bought from the Journal sister's East Anglian Daily Times offices in Felixstowe, Ipswich and Sudbury, and tickets bought from Colchester Visitor Centre or Ipswich Buses in the Buttermarket, can be refunded at the point of sale before the same deadline.
Ticket-holders must have proof of purchase in the form of a receipt and refunds will be made in the original payment method.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
Any refunds requested after June 15 need to be made in person at the SAA office at Trinity Park, where tickets bought at Felixstowe Tourist Information Centre can also be refunded from today.
E-tickets purchased online will be refunded online and no action is necessary. Tickets purchased by telephone can be refunded from the SAA office either in person or by telephone on 01473 707110.
Postal refunds should be made by downloading a form at suffolkshow.co.uk and sending it with the unused tickets to Show Refunds, SAA, Trinity Park, Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, IP3 8UH.
The SAA will hold a review meeting in due course regarding exhibitor, livestock and trade stand refunds.