Organisers of Suffolk Show to rise cover five fold after cancellation
ORGANISERS of the Suffolk Show have increased financial cover for the event by five times following the cancellation of its second day last Friday
The Suffolk Agricultural Association (SAA) is expecting to underwrite the show for �500,000 to cover losses incurred by the cancellation of the second day of the show, which costs �1.4million to stage. Typically the show costs about �100,000 to underwrite.
Meanwhile, the non-profit organisation has announced it will refund the cost of tickets bought by people due to attend the show last Friday.
The show's first day had featured members of the Lowestoft-based Waveney Gymnastics Club performing in the sports arena.
Anyone who bought tickets at branches of Sainsbury's, Tesco, the Post Office and tourist information centres can obtain a refund by 5pm on Friday, June 15.
You may also want to watch:
Similarly, tickets bought from the Journal sister's East Anglian Daily Times offices in Felixstowe, Ipswich and Sudbury, and tickets bought from Colchester Visitor Centre or Ipswich Buses in the Buttermarket, can be refunded at the point of sale before the same deadline.
Ticket-holders must have proof of purchase in the form of a receipt and refunds will be made in the original payment method.
- 1 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 7 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
Any refunds requested after June 15 need to be made in person at the SAA office at Trinity Park, where tickets bought at Felixstowe Tourist Information Centre can also be refunded from today.
E-tickets purchased online will be refunded online and no action is necessary. Tickets purchased by telephone can be refunded from the SAA office either in person or by telephone on 01473 707110.
Postal refunds should be made by downloading a form at suffolkshow.co.uk and sending it with the unused tickets to Show Refunds, SAA, Trinity Park, Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, IP3 8UH.
The SAA will hold a review meeting in due course regarding exhibitor, livestock and trade stand refunds.