Opposition to new flats in Dereham
Ian Clarke Plans for 16 flats and a bungalow on land next to a well known Dereham landmark house are being recommended for refusal next week.Michael Gore wants to develop a site next to the grade II listed Moorgate House.
Plans for 16 flats and a bungalow on land next to a well known Dereham landmark house are being recommended for refusal next week.
Michael Gore wants to develop a site next to the grade II listed Moorgate House.
Town councillors have strongly objected to the application as it is “an inappropriate development in front of a splendid Georgian house.”
You may also want to watch:
On Monday Breckland's development control committee will be advised by officers to turn down the plans due to a range of reasons including highway and pedestrian safety and lack of affordable housing.
Dozens of new homes are currently being built opposite on the former Jentique furniture site and work is about to begin on knocking down the nearby old Metamec factory to make way for 100 new homes being constructed later this year.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
After Metamec closed in Dereham the factory was turned into units for businesses and they have now all moved out.
Among them are Deans Countryside eggs which has gone to Shipdham and Den-Teq dental laboratory, which has moved into the former Times office in Dereham High Street
Later this month the EDP is running a special feature on the history of Metamec and the factory site.
We would like to get readers' memories of the company and the site - whether you worked there or bought the famous Metamec clocks.
Send your memories to Ian Clarke, EDP office, Bond House, High Street, Dereham, NR19 1DZ or e-mail email@example.com .