Anniversary of crash which killed three teenagers serves as a stark road safety warning
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Even before young people first take to the roads, police officers go to great lengths stress the need for teenagers to drive with the greatest care.
Nothing though will have had more of an effect on those who knew Dominic O'Neill, Billy Hines and Kyle Warren than seeing how their much-loved friends died in a crash on this day last year.
The impact of the devastating crash in Pulham Market on that fateful day last year is still very much felt by friends and family of the trio, such was the force with which the loss of three young people with their lives ahead of them rocked the community.
Today, on the first anniversary of the accident, is not a day to point fingers and assign blame for what happened. But it does show the risks of the road and how serious the consequences can be.
Families of those who died in the crash have said they hope young people have taken note of the events of last year and now take even greater care when driving. We hope so as well.
Learning to drive is - rightly and understandably - a great thing for young people to look forward to that gives them independence.
You may also want to watch:
Having that extra freedom may be exciting - but it is never worth risking your life for, particularly if you are young and have so much promise ahead of you.
If things go wrong, these teenagers' families have shown the pain left behind is great. It serves as a stark reminder to try and minimise the risks as much as possible.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 4 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 8 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 9 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award