Anniversary of crash which killed three teenagers serves as a stark road safety warning
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Even before young people first take to the roads, police officers go to great lengths stress the need for teenagers to drive with the greatest care.
Nothing though will have had more of an effect on those who knew Dominic O'Neill, Billy Hines and Kyle Warren than seeing how their much-loved friends died in a crash on this day last year.
The impact of the devastating crash in Pulham Market on that fateful day last year is still very much felt by friends and family of the trio, such was the force with which the loss of three young people with their lives ahead of them rocked the community.
Today, on the first anniversary of the accident, is not a day to point fingers and assign blame for what happened. But it does show the risks of the road and how serious the consequences can be.
Families of those who died in the crash have said they hope young people have taken note of the events of last year and now take even greater care when driving. We hope so as well.
Learning to drive is - rightly and understandably - a great thing for young people to look forward to that gives them independence.
You may also want to watch:
Having that extra freedom may be exciting - but it is never worth risking your life for, particularly if you are young and have so much promise ahead of you.
If things go wrong, these teenagers' families have shown the pain left behind is great. It serves as a stark reminder to try and minimise the risks as much as possible.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall