Opening night set for The Crown in Fakenham
- Credit: Ian Burt
The Crown in Fakenham will reopen tomorrow night, Friday, February 10.
Management of the historic former coaching inn has been taken over by Alie Hannam, the former assistant manager, who also runs Sugar and Spice shabby chic gift shop in the town.
She has been busy putting in new carpets, curtains and bar to give the premises a fresh new look.
She said: 'It's looking amazing - all new decor. Onwards and upwards for me and my fantastic team and friends. We've been so lucky to have so much local support. Can't wait for the opening night.'
The Crown, a landmark building in the Market Place, has been closed since New Year's Day but two weeks ago Ms Hannam revealed she had signed the lease and vowed to give all the staff their jobs back.
You may also want to watch:
'I had to give it a go,' she said, adding that she plans to serve bar meals in the first instance and then open the restaurant later in the year.
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 10 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers