Opening date confirmed for new Acle Co-op as village store gets set for closure
- Credit: Archant
A new East of England Co-op is to open in Acle next week.
Located on the former Budgens site on Norwich Road, the store officially opens on Friday, May 26.
The company is marking the opening with a competition, which will see the first 100 customers receive a golden envelope containing the opportunity to win a range of prices, including a big screen television.
Store manager Peter Lark said: 'The team and I are looking forward to welcoming customers to the new store.'
The shop's staff will be made up of both staff from the previous village store on Main Road and people who worked at Budgens.
You may also want to watch:
The Main Street village store will close on Thursday, May 25 at 10pm - re-opening later in the year as a funeral directors.
The move had previously been criticised by councillor Lana Hempsall, who argued the new store was too far away from the old one for elderly shoppers to walk, and that it was in poor taste to add a funeral directors close to residential care homes.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison