Opening date confirmed for new Acle Co-op as village store gets set for closure
- Credit: Archant
A new East of England Co-op is to open in Acle next week.
Located on the former Budgens site on Norwich Road, the store officially opens on Friday, May 26.
The company is marking the opening with a competition, which will see the first 100 customers receive a golden envelope containing the opportunity to win a range of prices, including a big screen television.
Store manager Peter Lark said: 'The team and I are looking forward to welcoming customers to the new store.'
The shop's staff will be made up of both staff from the previous village store on Main Road and people who worked at Budgens.
You may also want to watch:
The Main Street village store will close on Thursday, May 25 at 10pm - re-opening later in the year as a funeral directors.
The move had previously been criticised by councillor Lana Hempsall, who argued the new store was too far away from the old one for elderly shoppers to walk, and that it was in poor taste to add a funeral directors close to residential care homes.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region