Open events to showcase volunteer opportunities at Lowestoft’s museums
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A series of public events are to showcase new volunteering opportunities available within Lowestoft's three museums.
The free to attend events are being organised in partnership with a new project, Lowestoft Rising with Museums, which aims to promote the town's museums – Lowestoft Maritime Museum, Lowestoft Museum and East Anglia Transport Museum – and encourage new volunteers to join.
All three museums are in need of volunteers to fill a variety of roles including working with community groups and schools, administrative tasks, stewarding, helping at events or assisting with photography and social media.
Taryn Dennis, project officer for Lowestoft Rising with Museums, said: 'Lowestoft has a great range of museums showcasing the interesting and diverse heritage of the area however these museums are dependent on volunteers.
'We want to encourage more people to get involved with their local museums, whether by helping at events, working with schools or helping 'behind the scenes' in administrative roles.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Volunteers will not only be helping support the museums and promote them within their local community but they can also learn new skills and meet new people along the way.'
The events will be held at:
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
Lowestoft Maritime Museum, on April 5 between 2 and 4pm.
To register your interest, contact Lowestoft Maritime Museum on 01502 569165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lowestoft Museum, on April 29, between 11am and 1pm.
To register your interest, contact Lowestoft Museum: 01502 511457 or email email@example.com
East Anglia Transport Museum, on April 30, between 10am and 12pm.
For more information call 01502 518459 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details about Lowestoft Rising with Museums email email@example.com